Friday, March 7, 2008

- What Do You Like Most??? -


What's in a name? Our name serves as an identity, it's commonly composed of three main things; Given Name, Middle Name and Family Name.

I am an illegitimate child and was born on August of 1985. I was given a name by my mother. From grade school to 3rd year college, I thought that my name is complete of those three main things that's in a name. Unfortunately, I've found out that I don't have a Middle Name in my Birth Certificate when I'm about to graduate from College. Of course, I have to do things just to certify that the name I used during my previous grades was the same with the name encrypted in my Birth Certificate. We've spent too much, just to certify the discrepancies of my name.

Right now, the thing that I like most is to have a Middle Name. A name that have all the three things in a name.

And you, what do you like most?

1 comment:

Prily said...

I know how rectifying errors in our birth certificates(especially the ones in the NSO)can be so stressful. I have a neighbor who is a male and in his birth certificate is female.The lawyer said it will cost them atleast 50,000 pesos.I said,what???and that is the minimum cost only,there might be some more...Hay,how i wish the people working in Civil Registrars or in the document sections of the hospital,etc...and the parents itself will really check the forms before presenting it.It will be the children who will suffer in the future.